Payday Loans: Fast Temporary MoneyAre you running low on cash? Do you need money for an emergency? Is it few more days before payday? Worry not! There is an answer to that problem... payday loans. This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to get money until the next payday.
What is a payday loan?
This is also known as the paycheck advance, payroll advance, check loans or simply the cash advance. This is a small amount that you borrow from lenders before your next payday.
Who offers these payday loans?
These loans can be availed from lenders licensed by the government such as the payday loan stores, check cashers and pawn shops. As of December 2006, there are already around 25,000 payday loan outlets in the United States that clients can choose from.
How much can a client avail?
Loan can range from as low as $100 to as much as $1500 depending on what state you are currently living.
When is the due date for the payday loan?
This is usually two weeks after you receive the money.
How much is the usual interest rate for payday loans?
For payroll loans, it ranges from 390%25 to 900%25 annually (Annual Percentage Rate). The rate is typically higher than other loans because it is a small and short-term transaction.
How does this work?
First, apply for the loan and submit all necessary requirements. Then sign the loan agreement, issue a postdated check to the lender and receive the money. After that, the lender keeps the check and deposits it on the loan's due date unless it is replaced with a new check or the loan is already paid.
Why should one avail for a payday loan?
Borrowers avail for this loan if they have temporary cash flow problems and they need an immediate amount of money; if a person is facing an emergency and needs money on a short-term basis; or a person, who is with a bad credit standing can not avail of any other type of loan like bank loans, credit card and other low interest alternatives.
What are the advantages of a payday loan?
1. It requires minimal requirements. Requirements such as a bank account with a good standing, stable source of income or a job and identifications proving that the client is really the one who is acquiring for the loan are all that it needs.
2. It is usually approved within the day. Once the borrower submits all the necessary requirements and accomplishes the forms, money can be received on the day itself.
What are the disadvantages of a payday loan? 1. It is temporary money. The amount borrowed is to be paid immediately. The concept of the loan is to have it for a short time and to be repaid in full as soon as the expected money or salary arrives.
2. It has a higher interest rate compared with other cash loan alternatives. The interest cost money. Payday loans costs more compared to other cash loans. Interest rates can range from 390-780%25 depending on how many times clients repeat their loans.
Should consumers avail of the payday loans?
This depends on the reasons of why to avail.
Yes, if you can provide the requirements and be able to comply with the payment scheme. If you are really in need of the money and you don't have any other choice but to apply for it. If you understand the terms and agreements that are written in your contract and you can follow it.
No, if you can not guarantee your payments. If you can not pay in full and will reapply for another cycle of the loan. If you have other options aside from payday loans and you can still avail for it.
Tips for those who plan to avail it or have availed already.
1. Make sure to read the contract before signing and keep a copy for your records.
2. Make sure to have enough funds on your checking account if you didn't pay in full or you did not renew the loan, in case the lender deposits your check.
3. In case you can not pay in full, it is better to renew your loan rather than to have a bad credit standing which can later on affect your ability to get credit in the future.